My Blog List

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thinking Adoption?


I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the
truth. 3 John 1:4
(NIV)
 
When I placed my daughter 30 years ago with a family.  My biggest request and demand.  Was the adoptive parents be CHRISTIANS.  That they live a Christian life.  Know Christ as their LORD and Savior.  That they also instill CHRISTIANITY in this Life that God created, That he allowed me to carry especially for them.  Even though it was a closed adoption.  Not what I would have liked, but that's all they had back in 1981 when I placed.  I am very thankful that the Agency I chose indeed honored me with that request.  She has had most of what I desired for her.  Not every placement will be perfect.  I can say for sure she has had a strong loving Christian MOTHER that has been through thick and thin with her children.  I admire her and I am thankful to this day for her.  I know my daughter loves her for she is the only mother she ever had.  A lot of Birth Mothers would be upset to hear this.  This doesn't upset me.  She has told me herself how much she LOVES her and how bonded they are.  This makes me very complete and happy.  Because then when I reflect on the choice so difficult to have made those thirty years ago.  It was the right choice,  I didn't make the choice on my own.  I sought God's guidance through out my pregnancy.  I wanted her well provided for.  A responsible birth mother will go the extra mile through out her pregnancy to make an adoption plan. Remember do not make the decision with your heart your heart will tell you to RUN with your baby.  You need to make it with a sound mind.  If you are in a crisis pregnancy find a CPC- Pregnancy Resources Center in your city.  Also you can call 1-800-395-HELP 24 x 7.  They will direct you to a CPC in your city also.    Successful adoption plans today are those that are honored through out by the triad. Meaning the triad works lovingly together for the best interest of the child. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment