My Blog List

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year


Well we are about to ring in 2012.  I don't know about you but I so am looking forward to a better year for us all.  Better economy, Better HEALTH, and much Prosperity for us all!

Many New Years we all make resolutions.  My hope is that you if you recently placed a baby/or child for adoption with a family.  That you will focus on the reasons that you placed that Lil Gift from God with a family.  In helping birth mothers through post-adoption it is very important that you nurture and embrace your selfless GREAT LOVE for that baby, to as why you placed in the first place.  Don't let your grief get out of control.  Or last for YEARS on end.  I placed my bdaughter 30 years ago.  I still have moments that I tear up and cry.  I think that is the MOTHER in me.  Now I think they are HAPPY tears.  Tears of blessings!  That I was blessed to be chosen to be her birth mother.  God will never give you more than you can handle. 

Ways to get through grief-  Journal!  Journal! Journal!  Get those deep emotions out of your body and on to paper! Even if they sound crazy, even if they are full of anger, What ever the emotion JOURNAL it!  My belief is you can not heal by going around something.  You must dig deep and go to the dark part of the pain - through it and to the other side.  To see the the LIGHT that awaits you.  That light was my Jesus!  He walked with me, I never was alone.  I am never alone today.

Scrapbook- Make a scrapbook of the birth, all that pertains to the adoption.  Hopefully you had an open adoption.

Use all Available resources- If you find that you get seriously depressed seek medical professional treatment immediately.  Severe Depression, suicidal ideation.  There are many online wonderful birth mother support groups
Birthmom Buds
Sunflower Group
WWW.Birthmothersunite.com  Contact: Lucy Frankin, CPAC at

For a confidential free consultation for counseling. 
1-888-803-4956  She is trained to work with Birth Mothers Trauma / Post-Placement - Anxiety, Depression, Reunion, Healing.




No comments:

Post a Comment