My Blog List

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Patience







Being a birth mom takes a lot of patience.  When I became one in 1981.  I was so young.  Didn't really know the impact of placing my bdaughter with a family would have on me.  Patience just was not my virtue. It's amazing now fast forward the journey I have had to get me to a place of understanding. 

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

The above Scripture is what has got me to my place of PATIENCE.  For God's LOVE has given me the strength to endure being what is often a hard thing to be a birth mom.  The First Mother.  That is often forgotten in the equation of the triad.  I have endured and with God I will continue to endure with PATIENCE and great LOVE in my HEART.  For this CHILD that I bore for another family. She is MY HEART! Will always be my HEART!

A quote I found: "Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf


To Him I seek DAILY for his word tells me:

Psalm 91

 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.




No comments:

Post a Comment